Thursday, May 12, 2011

Another baby blanket

Another baby boy is on the way.  The mom to be has selected Pottery Barn bedding in cream and dark brown with a touch of blue.  For the blanket I used Lion Brand Baby's First yarn color #099.  This is an acrylic cotton blend that feels good on the needles.  The pattern is very basic - checkerboard.  I used a 6 stitch border on the edges and 6 row border top and bottom in double moss stitch.  The checkerboard pattern alternated between stockinette stitch and double moss stitch.  I went to the magic world of knitting math to determine the size of the blanket and the size of the squares.  I wanted this blanket to be a good size to use in a stroller without a lot of excess fabric to have to tuck in around baby.  It is about 28" by 28".  Enjoy special new little one!!

No comments:

A few years back, knitting became a simple craft that became a passion. From scarves to much more complicated patterns, knitting is a way to decompress after a day at work, a way to express my creative side, and a way to give part of myself through knitted gifts. I hope you enjoy this blog!